EXCERPTS FROM THE PRESS MEET OF TTD BOARD CHIEF SRI KANUMURU BAPIRAJU
Tirumala, 8 August 2014: TTD Trust Board Chairman Sri K Bapiraju on Friday held a press conference at Annamaiah Bhavan in Tirumala. The board chief enlisted the developments achieved during his tenure. When the media persons asked him whether he would resign for his post in the wake of cancellation of the trust boards of various temples across the State by the AP Government he said, “I always respect and abide to the decision of Government of Andhra Pradesh”.
Some excerpts of the developmental activities enlisted by Sri Bapiraju during the press meet:
* Changing the name of Annadanam to Annaprasadam with the approval of Government of India.
* Enabling more number of pilgrims to prefer Divya Darshan(footpath routes) and also introducing one free laddu as a privilege to those who prefer darshan in this route. Extending an ex-gratia of Rs.2lakhs to the foot path route pilgrims who die while trekking the foot path routes.
*Implementing three-line queue system inside the Tirumala shrine enabling the pilgrims to have a hassle free darshan
*Distribution of Annaprasadam to those pilgrims staying in Srinivasam, Vishnunivasa and Madhavam guest houses.
* Performing Srinivasa Kalyanams not only in the country but overseas thereby enhancing the glory of Lord Venkateswara
* As a part of enlightening the youth on the values embedded in Hindu Sanatana Dharma organising “Subhapradham” summer classes, “Managudi” programme to revive the past glory to temples lacking Dhupa-Deepa-Naivedya
* Introduction of Pournami Garuda seva in the temples of Sri Govinda Raja Swamy and Srinivasa Mangapuram on the lines of Tirumala; Gajavahnam on the star of Uttarashadha in Tiruchanoor
* Decision to construct Multi-storage complex in Tiruchanoor with Rs.68crores, Srivari Seva Sadan Complex in Tirumala with Rs.75cr; About Rs.65cr sanction for setting up CCTVs across Tirumala
* Setting up Sandalwood plantation in Tirumala at a cost of Rs.8cr
* New Golden Chariot to Srivari at a cost of Rs.25cr
* Construction of outer ring road at a cost of Rs.35cr
* Approval for multi-level car parking in Tirumala at a cost of Rs.50cr
FOR LOCAL DEVOTEES
* For the sake of local devotees introduction of darshan to 5000 members on first Tuesday of every month
* Free medical treatment to all white ration card holders in SVIMS Super Specialty Hospital
* Introduction of Brahmotsava Bahumanam to contract employees
* Allocation of house sites to employees of TTD which has been pending since several decades
* Increase of salaries for Veda Pundits of Dharmagiri Veda Pathashala, Annamacharya project artistes, TTD contract lecturers, contract drivers and data entry operators
* House Sites to descendants of Saint Poet Annamacharya
* Sanction of Rs.10cr towards construction of Sri Venkateswara Swamy temple at Dehradun
* Sanction of Rs.22cr towards the construction of Sri Venkateswara Swamy and Sri Padmavathi Ammavaru temple at Kanyakumari
* Sanction of Rs.40cr towards the construction of Pilgrim Amenities Complex in Chadham of Uttarakhand.
ISSUED BY TTDs PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER, TIRUPATI