GEAR UP FOR ANNUAL SRIVARI BRAHMOTSAVAMS – TIRUMALA JEO
Tirumala, 27 Jul. 16: With just a couple of months left for annual brahmotsavams of Lord Venkateswara at Tirumala, the JEO of Tirumala, Sri KS Sreenivasa Raju called upon the HoDs of various departments to gear up for the mega religious event.
A review meeting with HoDs of Tirumala, police and RTC officials was held at Annamaiah Bhavan in hill town on Wednesday evening. As the Srivari Salakatla Brahmotsavams are set to commence from October 3and conclude on October 11 with Ankurarpanam on October 2, the JEO organised a high level meeting, the first of its kind in the series.
Later speaking to media persons, the JEO said, though Salakatla brahmotsavams of Lord Venkateswara is an annual event, it is the most important one among the 450 prescribed festivals for the Tirumala temple all through the year, as it sees unprecedented pilgrim turn out during the ten days. “So there should not be any compromise on our preparations at all levels”, he asserted.
Briefing the media on the highlights of the meeting the JEO said, with over two months left, a preliminary meeting was held with Police and RTC, as they are also playing key role in pilgrim service during the mega event.
Excerpts of the meeting:
* All the preparation works in connection with brahmotsavams should be completed by September 16.
* Trial-run of Garuda Seva on September 16
* Koil Alwar Tirumanjanam on September 27 in connection with annual brahmotsavams
* Important Days includes Dhwajarohanam on October 3, Garuda Seva on October 7, Swarna Ratham on October 8, Rathotsavam on October 10and Chakrasnanam on October 11.
* Toilets in the galleries for the convenience of the pilgrims waiting in galleries to witness vahana sevas
* Action plan to be chalked out by Health, Annaprasadam wings to meet the pilgrim demand in their respective areas.
* Erection of interesting mythological themes with illumination arches.
* Display of eye catching Floral themes
* Committee constituted with SE II Sri Ramachandra Reddy, GM Transport Sri Sesha Reddy, Museum Officer Sri Ranganayakulu, FMS DyEO Sri Veerabrahmam, PRO Dr T Ravi to see that all exhibitions during the annual fete come up in an interesting manner.
All the senior officers and HoDs of various departments working in Tirumala were present.
ISSUED BY THE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER TTDs TIRUPATI