HIGHLIGHTS OF SRIVARI SALAKATLA BRAHMTOSAVAM-2014(FOR 8 DAYS)
TIRUMALA TIRUPATI DEVASTHANAMS
Highlights of Srivari Navaratri Brahmotsavams -2014(for 8 Days)
TTD EO Sri MG Gopal on Saturday evening briefed the media about the darshan, kkc, annaprasadam and other wing details during the annual brahmotsavams 2014 at Annamaiah Bhavan in Tirumala and thanked the pilgrims for their co-operation and complimented the TTD workforce, police, Srivari sevakulu and media for their joint efforts in making the religious event a grand success. Highlights of the meeting:
Sri Tirumala Temple:
- Darshan provided to Pilgrims – 5, 40, 278
- Hundi Collection (including arjitham and vagapadi) increased to Rs: 20, 18, 64, 274 from Rs.14,92,03,685 during last year with an increase of Rs.5,26,60,589
- No. of laddus (Small) sold out are 21,27,379 as against 18,84,593 during last year with an increase of 2,42,786
- Collections towards accommodation provided to Pilgrims this year is Rs.1, 45, 82, 660 as against Rs.94,11,210 during last year.
- Collections have gone up by Rs. 51,71,450
- No. of tonsures were performed to 3,55,890 pilgrims as against 2,23,703 with a difference of 1,32,187
- Apart from regular and piece rate barbers, TTD has deployed over 879 Srivari Kalyanakatta Seva tonsurers to offer free tonsuring services to pilgrims round the clock
- Man power engaged 24X7 for cleaning
- Hoteliers have been directed to maintain qualitative food for the sake of visiting pilgrims
- Spacious galleries created to facilitate 2.25 lakh pilgrims to witness vahanam processions
- Sign boards for parking, traffic control, meals counters etc. installed.
- 400 drinking water taps created all around Tirumala specially at four mada streets
- Swami pushkarini was cleaned and refilled with 22 gallons of clean water for Chakrasnanam
- 36 lakh gallons of water supplied during Garuda Seva day alone.
- Parking created for 2000 vehicles both at Tirumala and Tiruapati for Brahmotsavams
- Two wheeler parking at Alipiri (2250 vehicles) and Srivari mettu (1500) for Garuda seva day.
- 54 Special cut outs of deities at Tirumala at prominent junctions varying from 7 feet to 70. Tallest one being the Vishwaroopam at GNC toll gate.
- 20 LED screens were set up at Mada streets and junctions at Tirumala for devotees to view vahanams and other rituals at Srivari Temple.
- Setting a new record to over six lakh people served food on Garuda seva day
- Free Badam Milk was served to Vahanam Bearers, Vedapatasala students (Vaidika Haram) and others during processions at Brahmotsavams (i.e, total 12,000numbers)
- Free Butter Milk and Milk was supplied to pilgrims at General, Mini Kalyanakatta, ANC, PAC-I & II areas. (Butter Milk & Milk-10 lakh pilgrims)
Vigilance and Security:
- TTD Vigilance and the Police Departments made high level Security arrangements for all Vahana Sevas, Rathotsavams and Chakrasnanam and completed the mega festival successfully, without any untoward incident.
- During Garuda Seva, the traffic movement on the Ghat road was monitored continuously by deploying mobile teams. The ban on two-wheelers was implemented strictly. Despite rains, no accident or traffic jam was reported.
- The exit plan for the pilgrims coming out of the Srivari Temple during Garuda Seva was implemented successfully
- Tight Security arrangements have been made to provide hassle free darshan to the multitude of visiting pilgrims both at darshan queue lines as well at Vahana Sevas.
- The ancient miniature Bronze idols belongs to 16th Century A.D., also exhibited to know the historical importance and rich heritage of art & culture.
- Tallapaka Annamayya Adhyatmika and Sringara Sankeerthana copper plates which praise the Lord Venkateswara are exhibited.
- Life size photograph of Lord Venkateswara with the information of Swarnabharanaalu and Vastraalankaranaalu were exhibited.
- Attractive flower and garden exhibitions held by department
- Exotic fruits and Flowers imported from Thailand, California and Malaysia for decorating the Main diety, Dwajasthambam, social medians at Tirumala, Arches, Srivari Temple
- New mythological concepts including the Setu Bandhanam, Surpanakha Garvabhangam episodes from Ramayana, Sakatasura Vadha, Sisupalavadha, Suyodhana hidden in lake, Bheemasena Garvabhangam episodes from Mahabharata, Annamaiah at his last phase of Life, Panduranga Swamy, Vamanavatharam etc. stood as special attraction
- For the first time, the Sand art has been displayed with the image of Sri Lakshmi Sametha Bhu Varahaswamy
- Number of pilgrims who underwent medication in Aswini and other dispensaries are 48,624 patients as against 38,436 patients with an increase of 11,188 patients
- Provided specialist Medical care facilities and round the clock emergency Cardiac facilities in the medical dispensaries and sub-centres at Tirumala for immediate Medical attention.
- Arrangement of Paraphernalia animals: 6 (six) Elephants, 04 (Four) Horses and 04 (Four) Dhamaram Bulls with decorative materials participated.
- All animal attendants dressed with special Brahmotsavam dresses with umbrellas adding majesty to the procession.
Public Relations Department:
- A media Centre has been arranged in RBRH II with all facilities including printer, fax, scanner etc. to cater to the needs of media persons so as to give wide publicity across the globe.
- Conducted Photo exhibition with a concept of NADU – NEDU , enjoyed by Lakhs of pilgrims.
- Nearly 3957 Srivari Sevakulu rendered service to pilgrims every day in various departments during brahmotsavams.
- Several Audio CDs of Annayamayya Keertans produced by Sri Venkateswara Recording project and around 27 publications were released at Vahana Mantapam during every vehicle procession
- Not less than 10 press releases including special stories and daily happenings were released during the Brahmotsvams with relevant photographs through, email, fax and also in web format.
- TTD has invited eminent artistes to perform on Nada Neerajanam platform at Tirumala during brahmotsavams – 2014 including Padmavibhushan Dr Mangalampalli Balamurali Krishna, Malladi Brothers, Kumari Kanyakumari, Smt Sheela Unni, Padmasri Aruna Sairam, Padmavisbhushan Trishur V Ramachandran.
- Bhanjan exponents including Sri Vithaladas Maharaj, Sri Udayaluru Kalyanaraman, Sri Kovai Jayaraman performed bhajans.
Tirumala JEO Sri KS Sreenivasa Raju, SE II Sri Ramesh Reddy, DyEOs Sri C Ramana, Sri Krishna Reddy, Sri Venugopal, GM Sri Sesha Reddy, Garden Deputy Superintendent Sri Srinivasulu, PRO Sri T Ravi were also present.
ISSUED BY TTDs PUBLIC RELATIONS DEPARTMENT.