SPECIAL SWINE FLU WARD FOR PILGRIMS IN TIRUMALA-TTD EO
Tirumala, 5 Feb 2015: In the wake of the reported out break of swine flu cases in the state of Andhra Pradesh in the last few days, the temple management of TTDs is all set to take preventive measures for the sake of multitude of visiting pilgrims to Tirumala by setting up an exclusive swine flu ward in Aswini hospital, said TTD EO Dr D Samba Siva Rao.
The TTD EO briefed media persons over swine flu preventive measures taken by TTD at Annamaiah Bhavan in Tirumala on Thursday. Some excerpts of the briefing:
* Sufficient medicines including anti-viral agents like Tami Flu capsules and N 95 masks kept ready
* Masks are freely available at Aswini and other dispensaries in Tirumala and also at Alipiri and Srivari Mettu foot path routes to distribute to the pilgrims suffering from cough and cold.
* Swine Flu screening centre to be set up at Alipiri from Feb 6
* To create awareness among the pilgrims flex boards to be erected at all the important places in Tirumala and Swine flu preventive measures scrolling in SVBC
* Masks to be distributed to TTD employees also.
Tirumala JEO Sri KS Sreenivasa Raju, CMO Dr N Vikas were also present.
ISSUED BY TTDs PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER, TIRUPATI