SRI GOVINDARAJA SWAMY TEMPLE BRAHMOTSAVAMS OFF TO A COLOURFUL START
Tirupati, 14 May 2016: Dwajarohanam’ which was performed at Sri Govindaraja Swamy Vari temple, here on Saturday, marked the commencement of the nine-day annual Brahmaotsavam of Sri Govindaraja Swamy.
The ceremonious Dhwajarohanam took place in Mesha Lagnam between 5am to 5.30am in this ancient temple. The sacred yellow cloth with the imprint of Lord Garuda, the celestial carrier of Lord MahaVishnu, was hoisted atop the golden flag post `Dwajasthambham’ situated inside the temple complex amidst the traditional recitation of Vedic hymns by temple priests.
Before that the deities will be taken on a ceremonious procession around the four mada streets in Golden Tiruchi between 3:30am to 5am.
Meanwhile Sri Govindaraja Swamy temple is one the most important and ancient temples located in the heart of the temple city- of Tirupati. Renowned Sri Vaishnavaite, Saint Ramanujacharya consecrated this temple in the year 1130 AD. The daily rituals in this temple are performed according to Vaikhanasa Agama.
HH Sri Sri Pedda Jeeyar Swamy, HH Sri Sri Chinna Jeeyar Swamy, TTD Executive Officer Dr D Sambasiva Rao, Tirupati JEO Sri Pola Bhaskar, Temple DyEO Smt Varalakshmi, AEO Sri Prasad Raju, Temple Priests and devotees took part
ISSUED BY TTDs PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER, TIRUPATI