TOP PRIORITY TO COMMON PILGRIMS-TTD EO
TIRUMALA, DECEMBER 31: The Executive Officer of Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams(TTDs) Dr D Samba Siva Rao, said that top priority of the management is to provide a comfortable, satisfactory and hassle-free to common pilgrims Vaikuntha Dwara darshan on January 1.
Addressing media persons at Annamaiah Bhavan in Tirumala, the EO said, elaborate arrangements has been made by TTD for Vaikuntha Ekadasi and Vaikuntha Dwadasi. Excerpts of the press meet.
* In the wake of anticipated heavy rush TTD has cancelled all privileged darshans and other darshans and implemented only Sarva Darshan(free darshan) to pilgrims. Divya Darshan tokens will not be issued now.
* No advance booking, donor based, VIP recommendations for accommodation.
* 5500 rooms are earmarked to accommodate common pilgrims
* Sarva Darshan will commence before 5am on January 1st, 2015
* 10000 tickets of Rs.300 sold through internet for Dwadasi
* Six lakh laddus stock built up.
* 1500 vigilance and security staff and 3200 srivari sevakulu have been deployed for service to pilgrims
* Continuous supply of food, water, coffee, milk, tea to the pilgrims in compartments and queue lines
* 11 temporary shelters and 8 permanent shelters have been set up to protect the pilgrims from inclement weather conditions
* Annaprasdam to be served to one lakh each in Annaprasadam complex and queue lines apart from 30 thousand in PAC II and food court at CRO
* Srivari Kalyanakatta Sevakulu taken for tonsuring service
* Devotional and cultural programmes are organised round the clock in Nadaneerajanam and Asthanamandapam
* A colourful theme of Sri Ranganatha Swamy with Goda Devi has also been set up at Vaibhavotsava Mandapam
* Befitting floral decoration and electrical illumination have been made for the occasion.
Tirumala JEO Sri KS Sreenivasa Raju and temple Deputy EO Sri C Ramana were also present.
ISSUED BY TTDs PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER, TIRUPATI