“WE WILL CONDUCT TWIN BRAHMOTSAVAMS PRESTIGIOUSLY”-TTD CHAIRMAN
Tirumala, 24 Aug. 15: TTD Board Chief Dr Ch Krishnamurthy asserted that the temple management is all set to conduct twin brahmotsavams of Lord Venkateswara this year in a prestigious way so as to enable more number of pilgrims to witness the annual mega religious fete in a comfortable manner.
Trust board meeting of TTD was held at Annamaiah Bhavan under the Chairmanship of Dr Ch Krishnamurthy in Tirumala on Monday. After the board meeting, addressing media persons, the board chief welcomed the locals and media to involve in the fete so as to offer better services to multitude of visiting pilgrims.
Later he briefed on some important resolutions that were taken during the board meeting.
1. The board has approved for the sanction of about Rs.4cr towards the construction of Pilgrims Amenities Complex at the famous Lord Vighneswara temple at Inaville in East Godavari District.
2. On a two-year term contract about Rs.4.3cr has been approved towards the supply, maintenance, treatment of water in all the dams present at Tirumala
3. The board has approved for the appointment of Dr. Tulluru Anjaneyulu as SVETA Director and Colonel Chandrasekhar Manda as HRD consultant for a period of one year.
4. TTD procured a revenue of Rs.18.54cr and Rs.13.61cr respectively in the e-auction of human hair sale in the months of June and July respectively.
5. Approval sanctioned for TTD to print 15 lakhs numbers of 12-sheet calendars and 7 Lakh Diaries.
6. Two suites in Sri Krishna Sadan Rest House will be henceforth allotted to pilgrims.
7. The board has given consent towards the purchases various commodities for a period of six months.
a. Cow Ghee(Tankers)-17lakh kilos-Rs.46.92cr(Rs.276/-/kilo)
b. Cow Ghee(Tins)-2.25lakh kilos-Rs.6.25cr(Rs.278/-/kilo)
c. Thoor Dal(Thandoor Variety)-Rs.4.13cr(Rs.118.10/-/kilo)
d. Dried Grapes-Rs.3.54cr-(Rs.177.30/-/kilo)
TTD EO Dr D Sambasiva Rao, Trust Board members, Smt Kolla Lalitha Kumari, Smt Pilli Anantha Lakshmi, Dr Dolla Sree Bala Veeranjaneya, Sri Putta Sudhakar Yadav, Sri Gyanni Sayanna, Sri A V Ramana, Sri P Hariprasad, Sri J Sekhar, Smt Suchithra Ella, Sri DP Anantha, Sri Sampath Ram Narayanan, Sri G. Bhanu Prakash Reddy, Sri Vaidyanathan Krishnamoorthy, Sri K. Raghavendra Rao, Ex officio Members Sri JSV Prasad, Smt Y Anuradha, JEOs Sri KS Sreenivasa Raju, Sri Pola Bhaskar, Chief Engineer Sri Chandrasekhar Reddy, Addl FACAO Sri O.Balaji were present.
ISSUED BY THE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER TTDs, TIRUPATI