ADVANCE BOOKING OF Rs.300 TO COMMENCE FROM AUGUST 20 ON TRIAL RUN-TTD EO
TIRUMALA, AUGUST 19: TTD EO Sri MG Gopal on Tuesday evening said, the advance booking of Rs.300 special entry darshan tickets will commence from August 20 on trial basis in Internet Booking and e-Darshan counters.
The EO elaborated on the guidelines of the new system at his camp office in Tirumala to media persons. He said, on an experimental basis, TTD will commence the sale of 5000 tickets of Rs.300 from 9am onwards for the seventh day darshan on 27th August for 2pm and 3pm slots. “Over the instructions of Honourable Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Sri N Chandra Babu Naidu who visited Tirumala recently and directed the TTD to find ways and means to reduce the waiting hours of the pilgrims, our team of officers led by Tirumala JEO Sri KS Sreenivasa Raju, chalked out a plan to execute this new system of darshan for the sake of multitude of visiting pilgrims”, he added.
“Whenever we are coming out with something new, initially we may face some hurdles. To study the pros and cons we have decided to issue 5000 tickets on trial basis. Once we overcome all the bugs, then we will launch the 14 day and one day advance booking slots also in a full-fledged manner”, he maintained.
The EO said, that the main priority of TTD is to provide hassle free darshan to pilgrims. “The recently introduced “Three-stepped” darshan system proved successful with majority of pilgrims expressing great satisfaction in having a hassle-free darshan. Now our motto is to reduce the waiting hours for the pilgrims in compartments. Every day we can provide darshan to 65thousand pilgrims without any inconvenience. If this new system falls into place then we will be providing a well-planned darshan to nearly 25thousand pilgrims (apart from 18thousand Rs.300 darshan, 7thousand Rs.50 darshan tickets put together)on any given day.
Tirumala JEO Sri KS Sreenivasa Raju, Temple Deputy EO Sri C Ramana were also present.
SOME IMPORTANT POINTS ON ADVANCE BOOKING OF Rs.300 TICKETS:
5000 tickets of Rs300/- “SPECIAL ENTRY” will be made available for advance booking from 09:00 AM on 20.Aug.2014 for the 7th day, i.e 27-08-2014 for 02:00 PM and 03:00 PM Time-Slots on trial basis in Internet Booking and e-Darshan Counters. The quota will be released at 09:00 AM on each day.
Every day 2500 tickets of Rs300/- Special Entry for internet booking will be made available for the 7th day from the date of booking to the pilgrims in Internet with effect from 20.Aug.2014.
The 2500 tickets of Special Entry for e-darshan counters will be made available for the pilgrims to start with through the following e-Darshan Counters every day as per the quota mentioned against each in the 2 pm & 3 pm time slots:
S.No e-Darshan Counter Location Quota
1 Hyderabad 850
2 Visakhapatnam 675
3 Vijayawada 350
4 Kurnool 100
5 Tirupati 200
6 Nellore 100
7 Nizamabad 75
8 Warangal 75
9 Anantapur 75
Total Quota : 2500
Important Information to the pilgrim:
1. The pilgrim should invariably present himself / themselves at the reporting time indicated in the ticket. The right of entry will automatically get forfeited if they do not report before expiry of the time of admission indicated in the ticket.
2. For group ticket holders all the pilgrims mentioned in the ticket have to report collectively at a time.
3. The pilgrims shall invariably be present in traditional dress code (Dothi, Pyjama & Kurtha for men and Sarie, half sarie, chudidhar with dupatta for women) while reporting for darshan. No person in shorts / skin tight cloths will be permitted. Wearing dupatta / upper cloth is a must to women pilgrims.
4. Pilgrim should come with at least two printouts of the confirmation slip along with original proof of ID of all the persons and to produce the same at VQC -I for verification to get entry for Darshan and the other one while collecting the prasadam.
5. All bookings are FINAL: Postponement / advancement / cancellation / refund is not allowed.
6. The pilgrims should not carry any luggage / cell phones / electronic gadgets while entering the Q line.
7. The admission for the Darshan will be from the entry point near TB Cottage 129 only.
8. T.T.D reserves the right of cancellation of the Darshan under any special circumstances.
9. The visiting Pilgrim should invariably produce only the original ID proof given while booking the Darshan ticket of all the members printed on the ticket at the time of availing the Darshan. Age proof shall be produced for children below 12 years to gain entry free of cost.
10. The Pilgrims whose photos are printed on the receipt page only will be entitled to avail Darshan. Photos shall be legible for every individual.
ISSUED BY TTDs PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER, TIRUPATI