DEVELOPMENT OF GOSALAS IN AP AND TS SOON-TTD EO
TIRUMALA, 01 OCTOBER 2021: Apart from safeguarding Temple rituals, culture, heritage, traditions, Vedic knowledge, protecting and promoting desi cow breeds is also one of the important aspects of Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams as a part of its chief motto of preserving Hindu Sanatana Dharma, said TTD EO Dr KS Jawahar Reddy.
Before taking calls from the pilgrim callers as a part of the monthly ‘Dial your EO’ program held at Annamayya Bhavan in Tirumala on Friday, the EO said TTD has taken up several programs in recent times on Go Samrakshana.
“Starting with Gudiko Gomata so far 60 Cows and calves were donated to temples across the country. TTD is also planning to develop Gosalas located in twin Telugu states of AP and Telangana apart from laying a special focus on Gosala at Palamaner”, he added.
He said already some philanthropists have come forward and donated Gir, Shahiwal, Tarparker, Red Sindhi, Ongole breeds to TTD as a part of our mission to promote Desi cow breed”, EO said.
Further, he said TTD has also ventured in preparing Naivedyam in Tirumala temple out of the products obtained through Desi Cow through natural farming in the name of Go Adharita Naivedyam from May onwards.
The EO also said TTD is mulling to promote awareness among all the dairy four lakh Dairy farmers on the importance of Natural Farming using Desi Cow products. “We have nearly 1000 male cattle in all the three Gosalas of TTD. We are contemplating to produce the Desi cow products by using these cattle in Natural Farming. We are now procuring 7000 tonnes of BG dal for temple utility. We wanted to produce this quantity through Go Adharita Vyavasayam soon”, he maintained.
Additional EO Sri AV Dharma Reddy, JEOs Smt Sada Bhargavi, Sri Veerabrahmaiah, CVSO Sri Gopinath Jatti and other senior officers were also present.
TTD EO Dr KS Jawahar Reddy also briefed on some important events by TTD in the last few days and shared the same with the pilgrims via Dial your Program on Friday. Some excerpts..
SRI BHAGAVATAM IN DEVOTEES REACH
- TTD has published 8 volumes of 12 skandas of Sri Bhagavatam penned by Sri Bommera Pothana.
* They are presently available on hand at TTD outlets in Tirumala, Tirupati and Tiruchanoor and also for dispatch by India Posts.
SRI VENGAMAMBA ARADHANA CENTRE
TTD mulling to set up a Sri Vengamamba Aradhana Center at the Vengamamba Brindavana in Tirumala.
TTD plans to organise separate galleries of music instruments, huge vessels, and models of ornaments presented by donors besides former Emperors and kings at the SV museum in Tirumala for educating the devotees on glory and fame of Srivari temple. Tata constructions, Map systems and Tech Mahindra are offering infrastructure and technical support to this project, he added.
BOOK ON PURANDARA DASA SANKEERTANS
- TTD is planning to publish all sankeetans of Dasa Sahitya from Karnataka in a book form entitled Sarvasvam.
- It has set up a pundit parishad to collect all sankeetans of Purandara Dasa etc. along with those in possession of TTD.
- TTD has also entered into an agreement with the Bangalore University at Karnataka to promote the Dasa Sahitya.
- It has also made arrangements for conducting a contest Dasa Namanam in Karnataka on the basis of 300 Dasa sankeetans recorded by the SV Recording unit.
SRI VENKATESWARA BHAKTI CHANNEL
- TTD has launched a program of sankeetans contest titled Adivo….. Alladivo to popularise the Annamaiah sankeetans. Initially the selections for contest from youth of Chittoor district is under way at Tirupati.
- For welfare of humanity from pandemic Corona TTD has conducted a 16 daylong parayanam – Shodasha Dina Balakanda Parayana Deeksha from September 3-18.
- The parayanams of Balakanda, Sundarakanda, Garuda puranam and Yuddhakanda conducted by TTD has received huge popularity.
- TTD will be organising Ayodhya Kanda Parayana Deeksha at the Dharmagiri Veda Vignana Peetham from October 21 onwards
- MoU with a Coimbatore based firm to produce Panchagavya products…A unit is set up at DPW stores in Tirupati for the same.
ISSUED BY THE PUBLIC RELATION OFFICER, TTDs TIRUPATI