DWADASI CHAKRA SNANAM PERFORMED
Tirumala, 2 January 2015: In connection with Vaikuntha Dwadasi, Chakra Snanam has been performed to “Sri Sudarshana Chakrattalwar”-the holy disc of Lord Venkateswara, on Friday during wee hours in Swamy Pushkarini.
The religious ceremony of the holy dip of the divine disc took place between 5.00am to 6.00am and was witnessed several hundreds of pilgrims.
After offering special pujas, the disc was given a celestial dip in the holy waters of the temple tank. Scores of pilgrims also took celestial dip during the same auspicious time.
TTD Executive Officer Dr. Sambasiva Rao, Tirumala JEO Sri KS Sreenivasa Raju, Ex TTD Chairman Sri K Bapiraju and other officials were also present.
SIGNIFICANCE OF CHAKRASNANAM ON MUKKOTI DWADASI
Vaikuntha Dwadasi which is also called “Mukkoti Dwadasi” is observed on the twelfth day during the auspicious Dhanurmasa.K
· This day also happens to be equally important like the Mukkoti Ekadasi or Vaikuntha Ekadasi as especially observed with religious fervour in Tirumala.
· Chakrasnanam is performed on this auspicious day in Tirumala before the sun rise in the sacred Swamy Pushkarini.
· This celestial fete of holy bath to Sudarshana Chakrattalwar(conch) is being observed four times in a year in Tirumala during annual brahmotsavams, Rathasapthami, Vaikuntha Dwadasi and during Anantha Padmanabha Vratam.
· According to puranas, on the Shukla Paksha Dwadasi day of the holy Dhanurmasa i.e. on Vaikuntha Dwadasi, all the sacred water currents of the three crore (Mukkoti) holy rivers and rivulets including Ganges, Cauveri, Yamuna etc. in the entire country, confluence in the Swamy Pushkarini on this great occasion.
· A holy dip at this auspicious time in the sacred waters of Swamy Pushkarini is equivalent to have bath in all the three crore sacred teerthas and gives salvation.
ISSUED BY THE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER, TTDs, TIRUPATI