EXCERPTS FROM 65TH R-DAY SPEECH BY TTD EO SRI MG GOPAL
TIRUPATI, JAN 26: Extending the 65th Republic Day greetings to the Srivari Devotees located across the globe, employees of TTD, archakas, vigilance sleuths, retired employees, TTD Board, public representatives, media, srivari sevakulu and scouts, TTD EO Sri Mukkamala Giridhar Gopal said serving the Almighty Lord Venkateswara through impeccable devout services is the priority of country’s one of most important Hindu Religious Institutions of Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams (TTD) which is pioneering in the propagation of Hindu Sanatana Dharma which is the identity of this great country.
Some excerpts in EO’s R-Day speech from TTD Parade Grounds:
Recalling the clarion call given by Swami Vivekananda and the sacrifices made by many great souls viz. Jhansi Lakshmi Bai, Mahatma Gandhi, Bhagat Singh, Rajguru, Sukhdev, Chandrasekhar Azad, Nehru, Patel, Netaji, Tilak and many others, he asked the employees to take them as spirit and serve the visiting pilgrims with devotion. The EO said, TTD has taken up several developmental activities for the sake of the pilgrims-
• TTD commenced distribution of free laddus to Footpath route pilgrims(Divya Darshan) from Jan 11, on the auspicious occasion of Vaikuntha Ekadasi
• Free Annaprasadam distribution commenced in Srinivasam, Madhavam and Vishnu Nivasam accommodation complexes in Tirupati from Jan 11, in connection with Vaikuntha Ekadasi
• Environmental protection in the Seshachala ranges is one of the top most priorities of TTD and chalked out an action plan also
• The Parliamentary Standing Committee also complemented TTD for its maintenance of hygienic environs in Tirumala inspite of multitude of visiting pilgrims every day all through the year.
• Keeping in view the future importance and necessity of Srigandham(sandalwood), which is one of the most important ingredient that is used in the daily kainkaryams of Lord Venkateswara, TTD has launched the plantation of Sandalwood in sprawling 30acres of land in Tirumala hills
• Srivari Seva voluntary service is gaining popularity with the selfless services that is being offered by many volunteers from across the country from the past 13 years since its inception. A new building for Srivari Sevakulu at a cost of Rs.70crores is also in offing. Srivari Seva service will soon be launched in Tirupati local temples also.
• To develop indegenous breed of cow, increase the milch production and for produce of bio-gas, TTD is soon to organise a mega conference on the importance of cow. Recently TTD acquired 450acres of land near Palamaner for the protection of indegenous cow breeds.
• Sri Padmavathi Ammavaru temple potu has been renovated and modernised to increase the production of quantitative and qualitative laddu prasadams.
• Tiruchanoor brahmotsavams have been performed on par with Tirumala brahmotsavams with religious grandeur
• TTD’s SV Bhakti Channel has been telecasting not only the arjitha seva programmes, but also some other important festivals facilitating crores of Srivari devotees to watch the splendour of Lord sitting in their homes.
• TTD has also launched Common Luggage Centre in Tirumala for the convenience of the pilgrims in old Annaprasadam Complex located opposite main kalyanakatta.
• New Golden Chariot prepared at a cost of almost Rs.25cr has been pressed into Vahana seva of Lord Venkateswara during the brahmotsavams last. The 32 feet massive chariot is made of 74kilos of gold weighing about 28tonnes.
• A philanthropist from US has come forward to donate Sahasra Nama Kasula mala for Lord Venkateswara with 30kilos of gold.
• TTD has been providing financial aid to nearly 30 Vedic institutions which have taken up the noble mission of propagation of vedas. Besides TTD has also conducted Yagas in important pilgrim centers like Srikurmam, Antarvedi, Penchalkona and Haridwar. Vedic Sadas were also organised in Rajamundry, Kurtalam, Srisailam and Kanchi.
• TTD has been following a transparent mechanism towards the procurement of Ghee taking the technical assistance from Indian Institue of Management (Lucknow) without any compromise on quality.
• Even during the unfavourable conditions which prevailed in the state during August-Sept last, TTD has made elaborate arrangements of food, transport and accommodation to the visiting pilgrims to Tirumala and made their pilgrimage comfortable.
• The gold malam works for the temple of Srisailam Bhramarambika where TTD is extending technical assistance are soon to complete this month
• To promote, protect and propagate Hindu Santana Dharma, TTD has constituted a committee with stalwarts of Hindu Dharma including Brahmasri Chaganti Koteswara Rao.
• Special Training will be imparted to Bhajan groups by Trainers (who are inturn trianed by Gurus of Bhajan Sampradaya) to perform on stages like Nada Neerajanam. This programme has been named as “Govinda Keertana”.
• Many spiritual programmes like Srinivasa Kalyanams, Sadacharam, Subhapradam, Managudi are being designed and organised by TTD to enlighten the students, youth, rural and urban masses and make them the good citizens of the country.
• Grievances Cell was set up in TTD administrative building to solve the issues lodged by the repsective employee with in a span of 15 days,
Let us all pledge during this auspicious moment to make use of this rare opportunity that is being provided to us by Lord Venkateswara to serve His lotus feet by offering selfless services to the multitude of visiting pilgrims with duty, devotion and disciplene and make our lives pious.
Later cultural programmes followed the national event and meritorious awards have also been given away to some officers and staff members who excelled in their area of work.
ISSUED BY THE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER, TTDs, TIRUPATI