TIRUMALA JEO BRIEFS ON JAN 1, 11 AND 12 ARRANGEMENTS
TIRUMALA, DEC 15: With an intention to provide hassle-free darshan to all devotees on the auspicious days of New Year Day, Vaikuntha Ekadasi and Vaikuntha Dwadasi which falls on January 1, 11 and 12 respectively in 2014, the temple administration of Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams (TTDs) is making elaborate arrangements said Tirumala JEO Sri KS Sreenivasa Raju.
Addressing a press conference at Annamaiah Bhavan in Tirumala on Sunday he briefed about the various measures taken to provide darshan and accommodation during these important days.
- The VIPs will be allowed for darshan only after 1.30am on the occasions of January 1 and January11. ID cards are mandatory for both darshan and accommodation. Each VIP could bring not exceeding six members from his or her family. The price of each VIP ticket is Rs.1000. Recommendation letters will not be entertained.
- Sarva Darshan pilgrims will be allowed only after 5pm into the queue lines situated near MBC 26 a day before the auspicious occasions Viz. On December 31 for January 1 darshan and on January 10 for Vaikuntha Ekadasi darshan on January 11 respectively. TTD is aiming to provide this darshan to 20thousand pilgrims on January 1 and 22thousand pilgrims on January 11.
- The pilgrims who trek from Alipiri footpath would be issued stamping tickets with indicative timing. For January 1 darshan, the foot path route pilgrims will be allowed to enter into the Narayanagiri Garden queue lines only after 00:00hours of January 1(i.e.midnight of December 31). While for Vaikuntha Ekadasi the divya darshan tokens will be issued only after 2pm near Galigopuram.
- For those trekking Srivarimettu route, will be issued tokens only after 6am on both the occasions. TTD is aiming to provide darshan to nearly 25thousand pilgrims through this darshan on January 1 and for nearly 30thousand pilgrims on January 11.
- TTD has issued only 4800 tickets of Rs.50 through e-darshan counters for January 1 while totally cancelled this category of darshan during Vaikuntha Ekadasi on January 11.
- Rs.300 special entry darshan tickets were totally cancelled on January 1 and 11, however 5000 tickets will be issued on Vaikuntha Dwadasi day which falls on January 12.
- No privilege darshan for physically challenged and senior citizens, parents with infants during January 1, Vaikuntha Ekadasi and Vaikuntha Dwadasi days.
- Arjitha Sevas are cancelled during these days.
- Advance booking of accommodation has also been cancelled. Even the donors will be allotted one room only in the case of self donors five days before not for others recommended by donors. The names of the donors will also be placed in TTD official website shortly.
Tirumala JEO Sri KS Sreenivasa Raju said that since Sankranti Holidays also follow the auspicious days of Vaikuntha Ekadasi and Dwadasi, as considerable increase in the influx of pilgrims this time is being anticipated and hence urged the pilgrims and VIPs to co-operate with the management and act as per the measures taken by the TTD for a hassle free darshan to everyone.
TIRUMALA JEO CLEARS ON GHEE PURCHASE
Tirumala JEO Sri KS Sreenivasa Raju cleared that the ghee required for TTD has been purchased only through tender process in a transparent manner based on the annual requirement.
Addressing media persons in Tirumala on Sunday he said, that the ghee is purchased in Tankers and in Tins. The ghee purchased through tankers is purely used to prepare Laddu prasadams while the one through tins will be utilised to lit lamps in Tirumala shrine and to make prasadams in TTD-run sub shrines.
He said TTD utilises 9tonnes of ghee every day in Tirumala while the requirement reaches to the tune of 3300 tonnes per annum. TTD has procured this required ghee as per tenders from Bareli based Premier Agri Foods Private Limited with each tanker costing Rs.273.95ps while 450tonnes of ghee tins from the same firm each at a cost of Rs.280.70ps.
He said a team comprising of SE I, Dairy Farm Director, EE Procurement and an Expert to analyse ghee quality have been sent before the huge quantity of ghee is purchased from this firm.
ISSUED BY THE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER, TTDs, TIRUPATI