SOME IMPORTANT RESOLUTIONS OF TTD BOARD MEETING
Tirumala, Dec 14: The TTD board under the chairmanship of Sri K Bapiraju has taken some important resolutions in Annamaiah Bhavan on Saturday. Some excerpts:
- The board has given nod to issue one laddu on free of cost in addition to two subsidy laddus to the pilgrims who are coming on footpath routes from the auspicious day of Vaikuntha Ekadasi (January 11, 2014).
- The board has approved Rs.28cr towards the construction of Lord Venkateswara temple(Rs.12cr), Lord Mahaganapathi temple(Rs.4.7cr), Potu and other amenities(Rs.9.2cr) and a new branch of SVBC (Rs.2.02cr) in the land located at Banjara Hills in Hyderabad.
- The board has agreed for the purchase of 4.5lakh kilos of cow ghee at a cost of Rs.12,63,50,000 (from Primere Agro Foods Private Limited-Bareli)and 4.4lakh kilos of Ravva(Sabuda) at a cost of Rs.1,15,06,000(from GMA Agro Foods-Hyderabad).
- The board has also thanked AP Rice Millers Assocation for voluntarily reducing Rs. 0.50ps per kilo on 17tonnes of rice being purchased by TTD.
- TTD board has resloved to continue the same body of Local Advisory Committee(LAC) in Chennai appreciating their remarkable achievements in the development of Lord Venkateswara Temple in Chennai.
- The board also decided to perform next phase of Managudi in all the 44thousand temples located in Andhra Pradesh in joint collaboration with AP Endowments department.
- The board has given green signal to allot Rs.5cr towards the development sandalwood plantation in 30 acres of land in Tirumala for future needs.
Earier a cheque of Rs.40lakhs has been donated to Sri Bhagavat Gita Foundation run by renowned playback singer Sri Gangadhara Shastry to bring out CDs comprising 700 slokas of Bhagavat Gita which are being sung by the singer.
TTD EO Sri M.G.Gopal, TTD Board Members Dr N.Kannaiah, Sri L.R.Sivaprasad, Smt. P.Rajeswari, Sri Ch. Lakshman Rao, Sri GV Sreenath Reddy, Ex Officio Members Sri B. Venkateswara Rao, TTD JEOs Sri K.S.Sreenivasa Raju, Sri P.Bhaskar were also present.
ISSUED BY THE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER, TTD, TIRUPATI