SOME IMPORTANT RESOLUTIONS TAKEN BY TTD BOARD
TIRUMALA, AUGUST 20: The TTD board under the chairmanship of Sri Kanumuru Bapiraju has taken some important resolutions in the board meeting held at Annamaiah Bhavan in Tirumala on Monday. Members of the board Sri R Surya Prakash Rao, Sri Muthyam Reddy, Smt Rajeshwari, ex-officio members including TTD EO Sri LV Subramanyam, Endowments Principal Secretary Smt Chitra Ramachandra, Endowments Commissioner Sri Balaramaiah and Tirumala JEO Sri KS Srinivasa Raju were also present. Some excerpts:
1. TTD to perform Srinivasa Kalyanams on the lines of US kalyanams in the month of November at different cities in the state of Canada on November 3rd, 10th, 11th, 17th and 18th respectively.
2. In the wake of the visit of H.E. the Honourable President of India Sri Pranab Mukherjee, the Rs.35.6cr massive Nandakam Guest House is all set to get inaugurated over the hands of Mr.President.
3. On an experimental basis, TTD board has unanimously taken a decision to provide darshan to locals including Tirupati and Tirumala once in a month on any Tuesday except during the months of April and May in the wake of heavy influx of pilgrims.
4. The board has given green signal to set up “Vendi Vakili” to Sri Kodanda Rama Swamy and Sri Govinda Raja Swamy temples in Tirupati apart from setting up “Golden Balipeetham” at Sri Padmavathi temple at Tiruchanoor.
5. The Sambhavana of Vedapathashala faculty has been hiked from Rs.9000 to Rs.16000.
6. The board has also decided to take up renovation works at major pilgrim centres including Basra, Annavaram, Bhadrachalam, Simhachalam, Srikalahasti etc. These works includes repairs of Annaprasadam complexes, Marriage halls, Accommodation centres etc.
ISSUED BY TTDs PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER, TIRUPATI