TTD RECORDS GROWTH RATE DURING 2016 BTU IN EVERY DEPARTMENT
Tirupati, 12 October 2016: The temple management of Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams(TTD) has shown a clear improvement in terms of providing amenities to pilgrims during this year annual brahmotsavams when compared to last year.
As per the instructions of TTD EO Dr D Sambasiva Rao, who directed the HoDs that there should improvement in offering pilgrim services by every department, each one of departments has shown significant development in their respective areas when 2016 brahmotsavams when compared to previous year.
Some Highlights and comparative statement of 2015 and 2016 annual BTUs
* The total number of pilgrims who had darshan in 2016 brahmotsavams recorded 7,99,430 as against 5,75,741 during 2015 annual brahmotsavams.
* The hundial garnered Rs. 22, 96,97,000 as against previous year’s Rs.17,37,48,000
* About 33,91,403 laddus were sold this year as against previous year figure of 24,82,155.
* Food is being served to 24,59,045 pilgrims as against last year figure of 14,89,303
* About 3,83,951 pilgrims offered hair as against last year data of 2,72,794
* Treatment was offered to 67,821 pilgrims this year against 52,170 during last year
* About 338.12lakh gallons of water consumed this year as against 281.7lakh gallons in 2015
* This year the APSRTC has transported about 4,97,514 pilgrims in second ghat road as against previous year record of 3,75,269 while 6,95,314 passengers were transported on first ghat road as against 4,95,950 during last year.
* The sale of publications has registered new figures by many times this year with the sale of 2017 diaries and calendars which stood at Rs.64,87,936 while the sale of publications recorded only Rs.3,70,005 during last year.
ISSUED BY PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER, TTDs, TIRUPATI